RMP60 radio transmission probe
Compact spindle probe with radio signal transmission
The OMP40-2 is an ultra-compact 3D touch-trigger probe with optical signal transmission. It is used for workpiece set-up inspection on small to medium machining centres, and on the growing number of high-speed machines fitted with small HSK and spindle tapers.
Its compatibility with all Renishaw optical receivers enables users to upgrade existing installations easily.
Features and benefits
- Proven kinematic design.
- Exceptional resistance to light interference with modulated transmission.
- 360° transmission envelope.
- Ultra-compact design.
- 1 μm 2σ repeatability.
During the planning stage of the project it occurred to us that the new machine would be located close to the welding area and that there was a very real possibility of signal interference, so we needed a system that could cope with the conditions. The Renishaw RMP60 is the first inspection probe to use frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS) data transmission.
OMP40-2 in action
Probing software options
The following software packages can be used to program probing routines for workpiece set-up and inspection on CNC machining centres.
- GoProbe – entry-level package for simple workpiece set-up and tool setting routines.
- Inspection Plus – an integrated suite of inspection cycles including vector measurement.
- Productivity+™ Active Editor Pro – a PC-based software package with GUI, allowing users to select features directly from an imported CAD model.