Job contact probes
Robust and repeatable
Job contact probes are inspection probes designed specifically for use with manual machine tools and are ideal for workpiece set-up and simple inspection.
Two versions of job contact probe are available, both using Renishaw’s proven kinematic mechanism to ensure robust and repeatable reseating.
- The JCP1, available with metric and imperial shanks, uses electrical conductivity to sense contact with a metallic workpiece: when the stylus touches the surface an LED is illuminated.
- The JC30C variant, which provides a cable connection to digital readout counters with touch sensor inputs.
Features and benefits
- Proven kinematic design.
- Cable-free for unrestricted machine movement and ease of installation.
- Cost-effective workpiece inspection.
- 1 μm 2σ repeatability.
Probing software options
The following software packages can be used to program probing routines for workpiece set-up and inspection on CNC machining centres.
- GoProbe – entry-level package for simple workpiece set-up and tool setting routines.
- Inspection Plus – an integrated suite of inspection cycles including vector measurement.
- Productivity+™ Active Editor Pro – a PC-based software package with GUI, allowing users to select features directly from an imported CAD model.