OLP40 lathe touch probe
Ultra-compact 3D touch-trigger probe with optical signal transmission, specifically designed for workpiece set-up inspection on lathes and grinding machines.
Compatibility with all Renishaw optical receivers enables users to easily upgrade existing installations.
Features and benefits
- Proven kinematic design.
- Exceptional resistance to light interference with modulated transmission.
- 360° transmission envelope.
- Ultra-compact design.
- Increased environmental protection.
- 1 μm 2σ repeatability.
On one component we used to spend 35 minutes on in-process inspection – this had to be improved. We replaced this with a probe cycle, reducing the inspection cycle to about six minutes.
OLP40 in action
OLP40 SYSTEM OPTIONS
Probing software options
The following software packages can be used to program probing routines for workpiece set-up and inspection on CNC machining centres.
- GoProbe – entry-level package for simple workpiece set-up and tool setting routines.
- Inspection Plus – an integrated suite of inspection cycles including vector measurement.
- Productivity+™ Active Editor Pro – a PC-based software package with GUI, allowing users to select features directly from an imported CAD model.