OMP60 optical transmission probe
For workpiece set-up inspection
The OMP60 is a compact 3D touch-trigger probe with optical signal transmission that is used for workpiece set-up inspection on a wide range of medium and large machining centres. It offers users an up to 90% reduction in set-up time, as well as a reduction in scrap and fixture costs.
Compatibility with all Renishaw optical receivers (legacy and new generation) enables users to easily upgrade existing installations.
Features and benefits
- Proven kinematic design.
- Exceptional resistance to light interference with modulated transmission.
- 360° transmission envelope.
- Compact design.
- Various activation options and adjustable trigger force.
- 1 μm 2σ repeatability.
We have now used probing systems on this cell for over six years and have cut costs and times, with a step change in process control and consistency.
OMP60 in action
Probing software options
The following software packages can be used to program probing routines for workpiece set-up and inspection on CNC machining centres.
- GoProbe – entry-level package for simple workpiece set-up and tool setting routines.
- Inspection Plus – an integrated suite of inspection cycles including vector measurement.
- Productivity+™ Active Editor Pro – a PC-based software package with GUI, allowing users to select features directly from an imported CAD model.